Salesia Smith-Gordon is an experienced civil trial lawyer with a pharmacy background who for more than 20 years earned a reputation for exceptional advocacy, uncompromising attention to detail and commitment to the firm’s clients and profession. With offices in West Palm Beach and Belle Glade, the firm operates as a boutique law practice throughout Florida in the areas of automobile collisions, medication error and premises liability resulting in significant bodily injuries or death.
The Salesia Smith-Gordon law team is known for its personal touch with all clients, offering the individual attention each requires. This personalized approach to law and business is made possible by the firm’s emphasis on limited caseloads. By maintaining a lower volume of cases, Attorney Salesia Smith-Gordon and her team are better able to build strong relationships with their clients. Understanding the individual client and the challenges each one faces is key to understanding the totality of the impact of the trauma. Ultimately, an excellent attorney-client relationship can lead to better results, as well as minimized stress throughout the litigation journey.
Featured Practice Areas of Salesia Smith-Gordon
- Personal Injury – Events of trauma of various degrees which cause bodily injury. Personal injury can occur through a host of circumstances, i.e. automobile collision, trucking collisions, playground injuries, slip and fall, swimming pool near-drowning incidents, fire and burn injuries, etc.
- Premises Liability – Physical harm resulting in slip (trip) and fall, improper display, improper stocking which causes objects to fall from high, obstacles on the floor, lack of or improper warning of harm.
- Prescription Error – When a healthcare practitioner and/or business procedures cause harm instead of medical relief to those who trusted the treatment or services results in a breach of that vital professional trust. We look at not only the specific action causing the error but also the systematic procedures, in a quest to stop the error from occurring again.
Other Civil Matters
- Negligent Supervision: Daycare and after-school care facilities are relied upon by parents to keep their precious children or aging parents safe from serious harm.
Children will be children and may encounter some minor bumps and bruises as they play and explore the world around them. Daycare/aftercare centers are expected to provide a safe environment. Sometimes facilities fail to provide a safe environment and injuries occur due to lack of supervision, improper playground equipment or abuse. Such injuries to a child or adult also has a financial impact on the parent or loving caretaker who must take off work to handle injury-related matters and also pay for medical costs and counseling.
Please contact us to discuss your injury claim. Parents or legal guardians of the abused may be able to bring civil claims on their child’s behalf against the abuser for damages resulting from the abuse and potentially against third parties who failed to report the abuse.
- Wrongful Death: Losing a loved one triggers shock, sadness and sorrow. Creditors are not generally sympathetic to your grieving. During this difficult time, your income may diminish as your bills mount as a result of the fatal injury. Although no amount of money can replace the person you’ve lost, the compassion of the Salesia Smith-Gordon law team may help you seek justice during this emotionally devastating time through the filing of a wrongful death lawsuit, which can help you meet the financial challenges while also bringing closure and a sense of justice to the devastating event.
Understanding the heartache and challenges suffered from the loss of life, for more than 20 years Attorney Salesia Smith-Gordon and staff have helped families like yours. We show your family compassion, respect and privacy as we pursue the person or corporation responsible for your loved one’s death.
Generally, in Florida a wrongful death lawsuit must be filed within two years of the death. The personal representative of the deceased person’s estate is responsible for filing a wrongful death claim on the surviving relatives’ behalf. If there is a Last Will & Testament, the personal representative is likely named; if there is no will, the probate court will appoint a personal representative.
- Probate & Guardianship: Holding true to our firm’s boutique focus, the probate and guardianship matters we handle are directly related to an injury or death. Children (age 18 or younger) are unable to contract by law, so a parent or guardian must be appointed by the court to serve as financial guardian of any award for a child or incapacitated adult. If there is a death due to injury, our firm will often handle the probate action solely associated with the wrongful death claim.
Salesia Smith-Gordon Law Team: High-Quality Legal Service in Palm Beach County
For professional, courteous yet aggressive civil legal representation, contact Attorney Salesia Smith-Gordon, where you will feel the passion for the work we do for clients.